- 8:15am Sunday School (Sept. – May; nursery through adult)
- 9:30am Worship
- 10:30am Fellowship
- 6:30pm Responsive Prayer (September – April)
During Advent and Lent, we pray Evening Prayer at this time.
- 7:00pm Midweek Instruction (September – April)
For information about other feast and festival services, including Thanksgiving Eve, Christmas, and during Holy Week, please refer to the upcoming events page of this website or contact the church office at (319) 895-8772. Communion is celebrated the first, third, and fifth Sundays of each month and on feasts and festivals. Following Sundays when Communion is celebrated, Communion is also offered after the Responsive Prayer service on Wednesdays. Guests wishing to commune are asked to read our Statement of Communion.
Statement of Communion
We believe that partaking of the Lord’s Supper is a participation in the unity of Christ (1 Corinthians 10:16-17). Accordingly, our congregation practices “closed communion;” that is, we commune with those who confess the catholic and apostolic faith in word and life. If you desire to commune with us, please talk with our pastor. Those who wish to receive a blessing may come forward to the chancel rail with arms crossed. All who commune should examine themselves each time they receive this sacred meal (1 Corinthians 11:28-29). This preparation should include the following:
- I repent of my sins,
- I believe my sins are forgiven through Jesus,
- I believe I am receiving Jesus’ true body and blood,
- I recognize those I commune with as my brothers and sisters in Christ,
- I promise to amend my sinful life,
I forgive those who have wronged me.